05° Nepal Tulsi Herbal
Tea Name: 5° Nepal Tulsi Herbal
Style: Loose Leaf
Sourcing Region: Illam
Suggested infusions: 1
Tulsi, a Himalayan Holy Basil plant, which is a common sight in Nepalese homes, has not been called holy for no reason. Abundance of its mentions in ancient holy and spiritual texts as goddess Laxmi, signifies the importance of this plant in the culture linked to health, wealth and prosperity. Commonly used in Nepal as a religious, spiritual, and healing herb for more than 5,000 years, Tulsi is an ingredient in many herbal ayurvedic medicines. In Ayurveda, Tulsi is considered an adaptogen, a natural herb that helps the body adapt to outside stressors. The herb is used in many forms—fresh, dried, powdered, herbal tea, essential oil—as an Ayurvedic remedy for a variety of common ailments.
Benefits of Drinking Tulsi Herbal Tea
There are so many benefits to drinking Tulsi as a Herbal Tea. Few among them are:
1. Natural Immunity Booster: It may act as a natural immunity booster and keeps infections at bay. It has immense anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties which protect us from a variety of infections.
2. Reduces Anxiety/ Stress: Due to the presence of compounds Ocimumosides A and B, Which are known to reduce stress and balance the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine in the brain, drinking Tulsi Tea may help reduce stress and promote calmness.
3. Anti-cancer properties: Phytochemicals present in Tulsi have strong antioxidant properties. Thus, they may help in protecting us from skin, liver, oral and lung cancers.
4. Reduces Cold, Cough & Other Respiratory Disorders :Camphene, cineole, and eugenol present in Tulsi may help to reduce cold and congestion in the chest. Tulsi tea leaves mixed with honey and ginger may be effective in bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. Yoga supplement: Tulsi has a calming effect that might lead to clarity of thought, along with a more relaxed and calm disposition, which is essential for a practice like Yoga and Meditation. A great drink before and after Yoga/Meditation Sessions
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
This Himalayan holy basil herb, known for its very long list of medicinal properties, consists of both leaves and stalk of the whole plant, giving off a subtly spicy aroma of cinnamon and ginger. Producing a pale golden white grape juice hue, with light and smooth texture, this health beneficial herb, has an herbaceous taste with camphor undertone. It finishes up with a soft and tingly juiciness giving off a warm and calming body sensation.
We believe that tea drinking experience should be completely personal and liberating. There is no right or wrong way to brew tea. Individual taste buds are unique.Therefore we encourage tea lovers to not necessarily bind themselves with our methods but let their experience, contemplation and discovery be personal. After all, that is where the joy of drinking tea lies.. We believe that a tea drinker should try different variations of brewing methods, amount of tea, steeping time and water temperature to come to find the perfect taste they fall in love with.
This method will extract out the essence of this herb in one go. The taste is going to be a little Robust. This is the best way to consume for its medicinal properties. Adding Honey and Ginger can spike up its taste as well as the healing properties.
1. Get 12 oz filtered water and bring it to boil.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of Tulsi Herbal Tea into the boiling water, (use a closable steel infuser mesh if available, which will make straining easy later.) .
3. Let it boil for approx 3-4 mins.
4. Turn off your stove and let it steep for a minute, strain and enjoy. Warm or iced.
1. Get 10-12 oz filtered water and bring it to boil.
2. Add about 1.5 teaspoon of Tulsi herbal Tea into in your Steeping cup.(preferably in a steel infuser mesh)
3. Pour the boiling hot water into your steeping cup containing the tea.
4. Let it steep for 5-7 minutes.
5. The color is Rusty copper. Enjoy every sip of it.